Our Top 50 Firms - Full Comparison Table
Important Questions To Ask Facebook Advertising Agencies
Have you worked with a company in my industry before?
By asking about the agency’s past experience, you can determine if they are a good fit for your company. Facebook advertising agencies need to be somewhat familiar with your industry in order to know what demographics to target and what type of content works best for advertising.
Are your team members Facebook certified?
Another great question to ask agencies you are considering working with is if their team members have completed Facebook Blueprint Certification. Blueprint Certification consists of two different exams that anyone can take in order to distinguish themselves from other digital marketers. These exams are created by Facebook themselves, and test proficiency in their advertising platform. In order to become a Facebook certified professional, advertisers must pass both an exam in planning advertising campaigns and buying and creating Facebook ads with the most impact. By asking if the agency’s team members are Facebook certified, you will also be able to tell how up-to-date they are with Facebook’s standards because these certifications expire each year. While Facebook Blueprint Certification is a great indicator of a good advertising agency, smaller agencies may not be certified due to the fee required for each exam.
Is your talent outsourced to other countries?
Some Facebook advertising agencies outsource their talent to other countries in order to increase their profit margins. Because they are having the work done by people in other countries, it can sometimes be hard to communicate with the team working on your company’s campaign. When trying to talk to your agency about changes in your company’s Facebook campaign or the progress of your campaign, changes in time zones and languages can create a barrier and prevent your company from communicating efficiently with those who are responsible for your advertisements.
What is your process for creating content?
A good Facebook advertising agency should be able to explain their process for creating content from start to finish, and even provide examples. You want to make sure the agency is going to put time into creating high-quality content specifically designed for users in your target demographic. Ask them to describe every stage from research to implementation, and for examples of their copywriting, video editing and images used in past campaigns.
How often will I be updated on the campaign’s progress?
When working with any company, it’s good to know how key metrics and information will be shared with you. Make sure to ask how often you’ll meet with the team members who will be working on your company’s Facebook campaign and how you will communicate (whether in-person, over the phone, or via e-mail), and about their reporting process. Sometimes asking for an example report can be beneficial; this lets you see what metrics the agency reports on and how clearly the information is conveyed.
How Much Does PPC Cost?
Specialized Facebook Advertising work will likely cost more because you are hiring a team of experts who know your company’s customer demographics and are focused on showing your advertisement to as many people as possible within the right target audience. Hiring someone familiar with your industry and with knowledge of this specific social media platform is an important part in looking for a Facebook advertising agency; someone unfamiliar with your company’s market won’t know what demographics to target, what type of strategy works best for your industry, or how to create ads that appeal to your specific audience.
Companies that use in-house employees who don’t specialize in social media instead of hiring a Facebook advertising agency can lose valuable impressions on their target audience. Since these in-house employees are usually unfamiliar with how to advertise using Facebook’s platform, they aren’t able to reach nearly as many people within your company’s target demographics as someone who has previous experience.
Why it’s worth spending more for specialized Facebook Advertising work
By spending more for specialized Facebook advertising work, you know that your ad will contain quality content and reach as many carefully targeted Facebook users as possible. Having a highly qualified team of experts manage your Facebook campaign can increase you impressions, click-through-rate and conversions from these advertisements.
Driving results for your company should be the top concern of any advertising agency, and by paying a little more for better performance, advertising agencies can help increase your ROI in the long-term. These agencies have years of experience and practice and know exactly how to use Facebook in order to target users most likely to purchase your product or service, along with how to bid on ad space in order to maximize returns.
How Long Does PPC Take To See Results?
Results for specialized Facebook advertising aren’t usually immediately seen because of the time needed for Facebook to review and approve your ad, and the occasional delays in reporting; however, they do not take as long as other digital marketing practices such as SEO. Facebook can take up to 2 days to review and approve an advertisement for their social media platform. In order to shorten the review time, it is best to hire an agency familiar with Facebook’s standards.
Once an ad is approved and running, data is collected and will start showing the results of your campaign within 12 to 24 hours. Your company is then able to see key metrics such as number of impressions, link clicks, post engagement, reach, 3-second video views, website leads, website purchases and conversion value, depending on what you are tracking. You can also see the demographics of users interacting with your advertisement, such as their age and gender, and what time of day they viewed your ad.
Picking the perfect PPC Company For Facebook Advertising Work
When picking a Facebook advertising agency for your business, it is important to make sure they are the right fit for your company and good at what they do. Here are a few things to keep in mind while searching for someone to help with your business’s Facebook ad campaign strategy:
- Ask if they have worked with a company in your industry before – When hiring a Facebook advertising agency, you want someone with experience in your industry. Someone who is familiar with your business already has a general idea of what demographic to target, along with what kind of advertisements will work best for your company.
- Talk with their team – If possible, try to meet with the team that will be working on your company’s Facebook campaign strategy. You can then ask questions about what strategies they use on Facebook’s advertising platform, what they know about your company’s industry, how often you would be meeting, and what metrics they focus on when analyzing results.
- See an example report – By looking at an example of their reports, you can see what metrics they report on for Facebook advertising and how the reports are organized. This will show you how well they understand the data, and if they are able to present it in an easy-to-read format.
- Find a Facebook advertising company in your budget – Make sure the companies you are looking at offer services you can afford. Facebook advertising doesn’t need to cost a lot; set a budget you’re comfortable with and find a company that offers great services at affordable prices.
- Decide if you want to work with a local company – Some business owners prefer having face-to-face meetings, while others are okay with communicating over the phone. With a local company, meeting in person is easy; however, with companies that aren’t nearby, information is usually shared through e-mails or over the phone. Also keep in mind whether or not an agency is outsourcing their talent; working with people overseas can lead to language barriers and other communication problems.
- Ask other business owners in the area what companies they use – An easy way to find Facebook advertising companies that you can trust is to ask for referrals from other business owners you may know. These people will also be able to tell you what they like and dislike about the companies they work with currently, giving you more of an idea of what the agency is like.